Sunday, January 6, 2008

Ocho, Baby!


Well, I have been waiting for 07 to wrap up and it is offically behind me. Let the good times roll.


"Wow - it's been a couple of rainy and busy days here at SSWC08 headquarters and we've been swamped with all the emails that came in on New Year's Eve. The response was overwhelming and the event filled up as soon as it opened. That being said we are sending you this email to congratulate you cuz you are IN! "


This email came in today. Quite bittersweet though as none of the Yazoo Crew made the cut but myself. Big thanks to Pillsbury who stayed up till 3 am to sign me up while I was sleeping at my new pad in Asheville with no internet connection. He didn't make it into the race but hopefully he and a number of the crew will make the journey west as the race itself is just a part of a weekend of fun.


The past two weeks have been pretty crazy and I am looking forward to resting in one place for a few days. I moved to Asheville then packed up the car again to head back to Nashville only to get in another car and head to Georgia for the first Snake Creek Gap race. I felt rough but was to be expected after not riding more than a few times since the Swank 65. Even feeling like ass I was able to hold back the cramps long enough to pull off a sub 4 hour time and beat my best time from last year. Jamie kicked ass, Thad had a birthday and celebrated like a rock star the night before and still beat the 4 hour mark. All the crew had a great time and the trails were in perfect shape. The boys at the brewery took good care of us and the crew and our closest friends managed to drink all but 5 of the 94 bottles of Pale Ale given to us by our great sponsor. More to come later.


Bring on 08! Cheers,


Jut

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a great weekend! It was great to hang with you and awesome job at Snake!!

I enjoyed my first race on Team Yazoo! Can't wait for the next!

cornfed said...

Hey brotha, I can't let you go out to Cali all lonely like. I got in as well.

Kisses,
Rock Star