Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Who's got Soul?





I do that's who. Things have been on the up and up for ole' Jut Rut these days. The past week has been one of the best I have had in a LONG time. Several days of great rides and good times have gone down and it is about to go through the freaking roof... Let me take you back to last week. Tuesday throw down at my house, polo was rained out so instead we hooked up and drank. I got on the computer and found that Pump Track Jim was selling a Soul Cycles single speed frame and fork for 50 bucks. It was my size, the right price and a sweet baby blue. I called him up, called it mine and went to bed knowing that I would definitely have a Mtn. Bike to ride at the Swank 65. Wednesday was dinner on the East Side with my dad for his birthday at Rumors East. Great food and conversation and a wonderful bottle of wine. The karma came back quick and I got a little surprise present of my own later that evening.








Thursday I headed to White Bluff to pick up the new frame and fork. got home and in an hour I had the new rig up and running. The crew was planning on hooking up at the brewery so I ran home hooked up with Sharp and the ride was on. The new bike feel great as soon as I threw a leg over it. On the ride to the brewery I hit every jump and gap along the way and never once felt unnatural. The crew came out in numbers on one of the first cool nights sporting the wool and we took the town by storm starting at the brewery and wrapping things up with moped burnouts by Allen Middlesdorf our new "pro racer" turned "let's ride cause it's fun" guy and bike piles at Beyond the Edge. Friday I made the trip to MOAB bikes to get a few things set up for the next adventure and I had to take a night off so I rested up for a ride at Montgomery Bell on Saturday with the crew.






Saturday morning came and Thad, Dunn, Sharp, and Danny D all made it out for a very fast paced lap at the Bell. The new Soul Cycle feels like a bike that I have ridden for years. Very fast and well balanced, handles great in the air and rips through the turns. Post ride Mexican food in White Bluff and it was home to rest up for the nights festivities. Ball Hog and Less Honkey, More Tonky were playing at 3 Crow so Thad, Troy, Manondale, Fred, Dan, and Dan's better half and friends made it out. The bands rocked and costumes were in full effect. A bike pile was created and many beers were consumed. A late night post bar breakfast (is it 5 am already?) was had and I think I ate my weight in pancakes. Big thanks for Thad bringing me back to the Manonranch for a safe landing.


Sunday I awoke on the Southside at the Manonranch. Lost keys, lost wig, and a bike with no desire to ride home the 30 miles on a single speed mtn bike in jeans. I take a ride home in the Manonvan rest up for the afternoon trip to the pump track. Massey, Dunn, Sharp and I headed west to White Bluff for the pump track at its best. An awesome day and the pump track was perfect. We paid our dues riding out there this summer in the 100 degree heat with dusty conditions so the 60 degree temps and rain earlier in the week made for a great session. Feeling the flow on the Soul Cycle and loving every minute of it the envelope was pushed till I took it a little too far but luckily the rain made the ground a little softer to land on.
A great week as you can see. Now it is off to the next adventure... Nashville to Asheville self supported via the cross bike. I have ticket for Hank III, Nashville Pussy and The Rev. Horton Heat at the Orange Peal, a class in doing Green Home Remodeling, and Ivory is bringing the Soul Cycle for the Swank 65. It's on...

No comments: