Tuesday, December 11, 2007

My memory of this weekend is a little foggy...


Last week was a mad dash to get the house ready to put on the market. It didn't leave much time for riding but did provide a few nights for drinking and kicking it with the crew. Did a good urban with Dun and Sharp and I am getting use to the idea of dropping of stuff with no worries. Having a big bike is going to allow for some good times. I hope that once I get use to the weight difference I will be faster on the SS. The plan is to ride the hell out of a thirty + pound rig for the next few weeks then get on single speed and rock the Snake Creek Gap.
This weekend rocked! Even though I am only moving 5 hours away and will most likely see someone from the crew every weekend once the weather warms up I had the chance to throw a throw down to celebrate my departure. The crew stepped up and came out in force on Saturday morning to hook up at Franklin State Forest. We had 11 people make the drive up the mountain to Monteagle to ride the new sections of the 20+ mile loop and the great bluff lines that we have loved for years. It was raining and crappy in Nashville but once we got on to the trail the rain was no where to be found. It was foggy with about 20 ft of visibility and the feeling of riding in BC with all the moist rocks and roots. The ride was great although we did set a new record for the number of flats with in a twenty mile ride. I think the total was upwards of 15 flat tires, guess that says something about the trail. Rocks were hiding just underneath the leaves that covered the trail and to boot thorns also claimed more than a few tubes. It was nice though as we found ourselves getting to hang out a lot rather than just hammering on single speeds all day. The ride wrapped up, beers were drank and we headed back home to tap the keg and get the festivities started.


The party rocked. Lot's great people were there. nuff' said, I'm out...


Jut


1 comment:

cornfed said...

The rides won't stop, but the Woodland street party factory will be sorely missed.

good times
-thad

ps. what the hell kinda face was I making in that shot?